Over time, I have learned of various different tools related to WordPress and business. These tools have been created by talented developers who have dedicated themselves to solving a particular problem. The below list are a few of the tools that I can personally recommend, and I believe to be fantastic value for money:
- Genesis – Genesis is a theme framework for WordPress, and I use this on every site I build. I find Genesis speeds up my development by leaps and bounds. If I had to build a new theme for each project, without using Genesis, my productivity would go right down.
- AffiliateWP – AffiliateWP is a WordPress plugin that adds a fully-functional affiliate scheme to your website, for your premium products.
- Gravity Forms – Gravity Forms is a fantastic WordPress plugin that lets you easily create complex contact forms, using an intuitive drag and drop interface.
- WP Affiliate Manager – Although AffiliateWP is my go to affiliate WordPress plugin, if it is not quite for you, then I can confidently recommend WP Affiliate Manager.
- FacetWP – FacetWP is a great WordPress plugin that lets you create filterable archive pages in WordPress.
- SiteGround – SiteGround is my hosting provider. Great uptime, FANTASTIC support and speedy servers, what’s not to like?
- Desktop Server – Desktop Server has changed the way I develop local websites. With this application, I can literally create a fully-functional local website, including the server and database, with just a few clicks.
- VaultPress – I use VaultPress as my website backup solution. I love the easy to use interface, daily backups and the one-click restore feature. One of the best things about VaultPress is that is was created by the same people who made WordPress.
- FreeAgent – FreeAgent is an all in one accounting solution. I use FreeAgent to manage all my projects, quotations, invoices, expenses and taxes.
- Nimble – Nimble is a social CRM (customer relationship management) tool. A great tool for keeping track of all those social connections, and following up on leads.
- Zapier – Zapier is an automation service, allowing you to automate some of your administrative tasks.