When thinking about how to make a corporate website for your business, first, it’s important to choose the correct platform. There are a number of platforms to choose from, and in this article, we are going to go over a few. First thing, let’s outline a few criteria for a corporate website:
Corporate Website Criteria
- Our website needs to look professional.
- It needs to highlight our different services or products.
- Potential clients need a way to get in touch with us and book our services.
- It needs to be modern, up to date, fast and reliable.
- We have a business to run, so we do not want to learn any new skills in order to get a website.
- We don’t want to bankrupt ourselves!
- We do not want to have to wait a year.
So now we have a good idea of what we need from our corporate website! Let’s take a look at some of the options available:
DIY Website Builders For A Corporate Website
DIY (do it yourself) website builders are a cheap way of getting a website online, usually without the need for a third-party developer. They usually charge a small monthly fee, in exchange for access to a website builder of some kind. This then gives you the tools needed to build your own, simple website.
- Difficult to get a professional-looking website.
- In order to get a half-decent looking website, you need a certain degree of design skills.
- Requires a large investment of time from yourself.
- Websites tend to be slow, and do not perform very well from a technical and usability perspective.
Bespoke Web Design & Development For A Corporate Website
Bespoke websites are a good way of getting a professional-looking, corporate website online that does a great job of representing your brand. This kind of website usually comes in various stages, and can usually take several months to complete. The end result, however, is usually a fantastic website!
The first stage is an in-depth discovery stage, where the agency learns more about your business and how you want to be perceived online. The next stage tends to be the design stage. This is where the agency will create a custom web design, specific to your business and brand. After the designs have been approved, the next stage is the website development stage. This is where the agency takes the design and turns it into a usable website. We then thoroughly test and launch your website to the public. With this level of service, depending on the quality of the agency, you will usually end up with a very high-quality website, that works well and does a great job of representing your brand online and helps to generate you new leads.
Typically, this service better suites an established business that needs to refresh and update their online presence. This is because it usually requires a sizable investment in both finances and time.
- A professional, corporate website that looks great and designed to generate you new leads and help to boost your brand.
- The design will be totally unique to your business.
- The agency handles most of the technical details. This depends on the specific agency you are working with.
- Your website will work very well from a technical perspective, complying with web standards etc. This, of course, also depends on the skill level of your agency.
- Requires a large investment of time. Depending on the complexity of your website, you can expect this process to take up to 12 months.
- You will need a considerable budget. Typically, bespoke development in the UK, from a good web design agency starts at around £2,000. This also usually comes with a monthly retainer. Any less than that, then you should question the quality of the agency you are working with.
Our Quick Launch Website Package For A Corporate Website
We designed our Quick Launch package specifically for small business owners and freelancers, with a minimal budget, who need a professional corporate website, fast. We build our websites, from start to finish, in just 4 working days or less.
By using a set of tools we have developed, we can build agency standard websites, much quicker than bespoke websites. Because of this, we are able to provide a stunning corporate website, at an affordable monthly price tag, much more comparable to a DIY website builder!
Our process is simple, and we can break it down into 4 steps:
- You select a design template from our collection of professional designs, that have been tested and proven to generate leads for small business owners.
- You provide us with some very basic information on your business, such as your logo. There is no need for a lengthy discovery session, we simply provide you with a basic form to fill out, which should take no more than 5 minutes.
- We will then build your corporate website within just 4 working days. We will customise the design you have chosen, by using your company branding colour, and also your company logo, to make the website unique to your business.
- You then get the ability to modify your own content, such as text and images, in a dashboard that is as easy to use as a standard word processor.
Then, when you are happy with the website, we will go ahead and publish it on the internet. We also provide dedicated support, so if you have any problems at all with your content, we can guide you through this process every step of the way. In addition, we have lots of video tutorials for your convenience.
- Extremely affordable.
- Fast turnaround.
- The end result is a personalised, professional-looking corporate website that helps to boost your brand and generate new leads.
- No technical or design skills needed from yourself whatsoever.
- Includes everything needed for a corporate website, from a domain name, all the way through to website hosting. You don’t need to worry about any of the technical details.
- The package does not come with a business email address, however, we suggest using GSuite for this.
How To Make a Corporate Website – Our Thoughts:
Now that we have gone over a few of the different options available to companies who need a corporate website, the question remains, which one is best for your business?
DIY Website builders – We suggest avoiding using a DIY website builder for your corporate website, due to the “hobbyist” feel you end up with on your website, and also the large time commitment needed from yourself, not to mention the design skills you’ll need. We feel this kind of website is great if you want to get something online, simply for fun, or for a hobby, but not for something that represents your business.
Bespoke web development – This is a good option for established businesses that want to refresh their online image, or require very custom functionality that can’t be found anywhere else. As mentioned, there is a considerable investment of both time and finances for bespoke web development, so this option is not for everybody.
Quick Launch Websites – If you are a small business owner, who needs to know how to get a corporate website online fast, that does a great job at representing your brand, but you have a limited budget, then this is without a doubt, the best option for you.
I hope you have found this article useful, and if you have any questions on any of the above, please feel free to reach out, either in the comments section or by visiting our contact page.